Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
AMERICAN APPLE PIE…this popular fruit pie was brought to the English Colonies by the British, Dutch and Swedes during the 17th & 18th centuries. In this video Deronda demonstrates how to make apple pie filling using crisp & acidic GRANNY SMITH cooking apples & woven strips of pie crust for a lattice topping. Click on “Show more” below for recipe…
Link to Perfect Homemade Pie Crust… http://youtu.be/j5DARcyiiM4
FRESH APPLE PIE
Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
2 9-inch single pie crust
5 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
1. In a large mixing bowl add flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt. Whisk until well blended.
2. Add thinly sliced apples to sugar mixture & toss until all apple slices are coated.
3. Arrange coated apple slices into a 9-inch unbaked pie shell.
4. Dot apples with small cubes of butter.
5. Cut extra pie crust into 1-inch strips. Arrange on top of Apple Pie, about 1/2-inch apart, to create lattice top,
6. Bake on cookie or pizza pan for 50-55 minutes or until pie filling is bubbly and crust is golden.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
TIPS: Store in air tight container up to 3 days.