Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
Milk Burfi is one of the most popular sweets in India, be it any festival or a happy occasion. Since Diwali season is around the corner its best to make this mouthwatering sweet at home, as homemade sweets are always healthier than market bought. These burfies are soft, slightly creamy and the nuts just multiplies the taste. This is a must try recipe for this Diwali. So, try it, enjoy and don’t forget to share your experiences in comments below the video.
Barfi, Milk Burfi, Milk Barfi, Milk Powder Burfi, Milk Powder Barfi, Condensed Milk Burfi
2 cups Dry Milk Powder
½ cup Milk
¾ cup Sugar
½ cup Ghee (aka unsalted clarified butter)
1 tsp Rose Water (optional for flavor)
7-8 Pistachios (finely chopped)
7-8 Almonds (finely chopped)
1. First of all take a plate or tray in which we will set up burfi, now apply some ghee or butter all over it to make it non sticky. Keep it aside we will use it later.
2. Now put a wok on low heat, add ghee or clarified butter, milk and immediately add milk powder because if milk becomes hot than milk powder can form lumps. Now mix all ingredients, till they blend well and become like a smooth paste, just make sure to keep the heat low, it took me around 2 mins to get paste like shown in video.
3. When it becomes a smooth paste add sugar and rose water for flavor but its optional if you don’t have it, now again mix them well. You will notice after adding sugar, paste has become little thin, so now increase heat to low medium and cook it again for approximately 6-7 mins till it becomes thick, its important to keep stirring to get the perfect texture.
4. After 6-7 mins paste has become thick and this is the consistency we want. Now as soon as you get this consistency switch of the heat otherwise mixture paste will get extra hard and burfi will not be soft.
5. To check if we have right paste consistency, take a plate with little ghee applied on it. Now take some paste mixture and try to roll on it, if it rolls well and becomes like a ball it means mixture is ready to make burfi.
6. Now take the tray we setup with ghee in the beginning, and transfer milk powder paste in tray and press it gently to spread uniformly with the help of a ghee applied spatula. We are using ghee applied spatula to avoid paste sticking to it while spreading.
7. Now our paste is spread out uniformly, so add some chopped pistachios and almonds on top for garnishing and to give a beautiful look. Then press them gently so nuts set well on burfi.
8. Now cover the tray using a cling wrap and let it cool down so that mixture layer sets well and becomes firm. If you are in a hurry you can also put it in refrigerator to cool down quickly.
9. Now it has cooled down, so take it out and heat the tray on low heat for just 4-5 sec so that burfi layer becomes loose from bottom. This will make it easy to take out the burfi pieces after cutting. Now take a sharp knife and apply some ghee on it and cut layer into shapes of your choice, I am cutting in square shapes.
10. Once all burfies are cut they are ready to serve.
Tips n Tricks:
1. Make sure to immediately add milk powder without milk getting hot to avoid any lumps.
2. If you don’t have rose water you can also use other flavors of your choice.
3. You can also change nuts on top of burfi, according to your own choice.
4. If you want to cool burfi layer quickly, then put it into refrigerator for atleast a day.
Follow Nehas Cookhouse:
Y O U T U B E https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxHIVYIG0I_-kYip98ZZ4gw?sub_confirmation=1
T W I T T E R https://twitter.com/NehasCookhouse
F A C E B O O K https://www.facebook.com/NehasCookhouse/
P I N T E R E S T https://www.pinterest.com/nehascookhouse/
I N S T A G R A M https://www.instagram.com/nehascookhouse/?hl=en
G O O G L E + https://plus.google.com/u/1/116224268814557926205/posts
Easy Lemon Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License