Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE MACARONS
Sweet, chocolaty, meringue-based sandwich cookies filled with a smooth chocolate ganache and raspberry Jam.
I always have the best intentions of accomplishing everything that is on my to-do list. Especially the night before. The night before I’m supposed to get it all done, I go to bed “knowing” that tomorrow is the day.
So Happy to say that i have been features into the macarons section on the feedfeed site 🙂
For the Macaron shells: Adopted from JoyOfBaking
100 gr. Almond meal/flour
180 gr. icing sugar
100 gr. Egg Whites
35 gr. Caster sugar (fine sugar)
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar (if you don’t have it you can substitute with 1 tsp of lemon juice)
Pink Food coloring
1. Grind the almond flour with the icing sugar in a food processor for 2 minutes
2. Whip the egg whites in a stand mixer or with an hand mixer with the cream of tartar when they get foamy add the sugar 1 tsp at time until you reach stiff picks (add the food coloring as much as you need)
3. Sift the dry mix (almond and icing sugar) into the meringue
4. When folding cut through the meringue and then fold up and over (this is called the macaronage) your mix is ready when it falls from the spatula into ribbons and takes about 10 seconds to disappear into the rest of the batter
5. Fill your piping bag with the mix and have fitted a 1cm tip
6. Pipe your macarons onto a baking sheet with parchment paper (if you want you can make yourself a template) about 3-4 cm
7. Now you can preheated your oven 160c 325f
8. Let the macarons form a skin on top for about 30/40 minutes it depends if where you live is really humid it could take up to 1 Hour.
9. When they are no longer tacky bake them in a preheated oven at 160c 325f for 14/16 minutes. They are fully backed when you can barely separate them from the parchment paper
10. Let them cool in the pan for 3 minutes
11. Now you can fill them with anything you like, i filled mine with a border of chocolate ganache and a raspberry jam in the center
For the Ganache:
125 gr. 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (I used 50%)
115 gr. 1/2 Cup Heavy cream 35% b.f.
15 gr. 1 tbsp Butter
1/8 tsp Salt
Heat the heavy cream with the salt when it start the simmer around the edges pour it over the chocolate and let the hot cream melt the chocolate then add the butter. Let it rest for 3 Hours at room temperature.
► I N S T A G R A M: https://www.instagram.com/zesty_oranges/
► P I N T E R E S T: https://it.pinterest.com/zestyoranges/
M U S I C by [http://audionautix.com] Released under Creative Commons License 3.0.