Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
You know the saying: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” If you don’t enjoy eating apples, especially green apples, then this recipe will change your mind. If you already like apples, then this recipe will make you fall in love even more with apples. These oven roasted green apple chips with natural green cream cheese coating are crispy and packed with complex flavors. They also happen to be fitting for St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Calorie and Macro Information (the whole recipe):
139 calories, 24 C, 3 F, 3 P
1 medium Granny Smith apple (or other green colored apple)
1 tbsp 3% fat cream cheese (or fat free cream cheese)
1 cup baby spinach
Sweetener (3 tsp of sugar equivalent)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
1. Combine spinach, cream cheese, and just enough water to cover in a mixing bowl. Blend very well.
2. Add sweetener and vanilla extract and mix again.
3. Cut the apple into thin slices with a knife or if you have a mandolin then you can use the mandolin to slice the apple.
4. Dip the apple slices into the green liquid and arrange them in a single layer on a baking pan.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 min then rotate the baking pan. Bake for another 15 min.
6. Let the apple chips cool on a cooling rack for 30 min before serving.
If you have a dehydrator, you can also put the apple slices in the dehydrator in a single layer for a few hours instead.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and for more vegetarian recipes, you can click here:
For more vegan recipes, you can click here:
For my other healthy and tasty recipes, you can click here:
Check out my other videos here:
Follow me on social media: