Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
This pie has a magical taste, nothing is quite like it. It is sooooooo heavenly delicious, but so easy to make.
• 2 cups crushed Graham crackers or digestive biscuits (that’s approximately 16 biscuits)
• 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), soft at room temperature
• 1 can sweetened condensed milk, or 1 cup of ready-made Dulce de Leche
• 2 ripe bananas, cut into ½ cm round slices
• 2 cups of whipped cream, any kind, sweetened
To make the Dulce de Leche:
• Place the can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot. The can must be completely submerged in water (hint: remove the label, and use your oldest, ugliest pot. You will have traces of glue on the sides of the pot when you’re done. You can scrub them off of course, and hence it’s better to use a stainless steel, NOT non-stick pot… trust me, I speak from experience )
• Place pot on stove and allow water to boil
• Cook the condensed milk for two hours, but keep checking the water. Keep adding hot water to keep the can completely submerged
• After 2 hours, remove the can from the water and allow it to cool completely at room temperature, for a couple of hours at least. DO NOT OPEN THE CAN WHILE IT’S HOT.
To make the pie:
• Melt the butter on the stove or in the micro-wave, and pour it over the crushed Graham crackers
• Mix well until all the butter is absorbed by the crushed crackers
• Place them into a 9-inch pie dish, and press with your hands to make an even crust
• Open the can of cooled Dulce de Leche, and spread all over the pie crust
• Place the banana slices on top of the Dulce de Leche, in one layer (you can place 2 layers if you like to have more bananas in your pie)
• Top with the previously whipped cream
• Chill overnight in the fridge, or for at least 4 hours
• Before serving, sprinkle with cocoa powder or chocolate curls
• And enjoy!
Follow me on social media for more recipes:
Have any questions: email me at email@example.com
“Fretless” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License