Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
“Ashly, Sara, & Ella does Tasty”
You Do You is back: Bigger, Better, Violetier! Buy it now!: https://bnc.lt/m/ZVdrhAYkyu
Check out more awesome BuzzFeedViolet videos!
• 4 sticks butter, softened (1.5 cups)
• 4.5 cups granulated sugar
• 7 eggs, room temperature
• 4.5 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1.5 cup whole milk, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare three 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick baking spray or coated well with shortening or butter and floured, taking care to remove all excess flour.
1. Cream together butter and shortening until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Slowly add sugar one cup at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each cup before adding another. Add eggs one at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each egg before adding another.
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour milks and vanilla into measuring cup and whisk together with a fork. Add to butter and shortening mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
1. Gently stir all ingredients until well combined. Stop mixer and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, making sure to have all ingredients mixed well.
1. Evenly distribute cake batter between cake pans and place pans into oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool slightly in cake pans for about 5 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
1 T vanilla
violet, royal blue, and I mixed green and blue to make the teal food coloring.
Icing: 2 sticks butter, 2 packages of 8oz cream cheese, 4 cups of powdered sugar, 2-4 T of milk depending on the thickness of the icing.
GET MORE BUZZFEED
BuzzFeed Violet: the good kind of awkward. Short, relatable videos that are totally you. New videos from your favorite characters every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday! Subscribe to BuzzFeed Violet today! http://bit.ly/YTbuzzfeedviolet
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.
Made by BFMP www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam