Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
This leaves decorated Apple Pie is a great way to celebrate the year’s most colorful season. It is a comforting pie, with a buttery flaky crust filled with sweet, cinnamon flavored and tender apples, a memorable dessert to enjoy with your loved ones.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 6-8 servings
2 1/2 cups (320g) all-purpose flour
1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
1 tsp (5g) salt
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
1 egg, beaten
3-4 tbsp ice cold water
26oz (750g) apples – peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
3/4 tsp (2g) cinnamon
1/4 tsp (1g) nutmeg
1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
Zest from a lemon
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp (5g) sugar
1. In a medium bowl whisk flour with sugar and salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add egg and water and stir until incorporated.
2. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the filling. In a small bowl combine sugar with cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest.
4. Place the apple slices into a large bowl, add the sugar mixture and lemon juice and toss to combine.
5. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Prepare a 8 or 9 inch (20-23cm) pie pan.
6. Into a lightly floured surface roll first piece of dough until it’s about 12in (30cm) in diameter.
7. Line the pan with the rolled dough and press the edges.Cut the excess dough.
8. Arrange the apple mixture over the crust. Refrigerate until you roll the other disc of dough.
9. Roll the other piece of dough and place over the apples.
10. Press the edges and cut off the excess.
11. Use the leftover dough, roll it and cut leaves using a knife.
12. Brush the pastry with some of the beaten egg and decorate the pie with the dough leaves.
13. Brush the leaves with beaten egg and sprinkle sugar on top.
14. Bake for 20 minutes. Add a pie crust shield or aluminum foil on top of the pie, reduce oven temperature to 350F (180C) and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
15. Remove from the oven and let the tart cool down for about 3 hours. Serve with ice cream.
Background music https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/voice-of-reason_118265